When to get an MOT
The MOT test checks that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards. You must get an MOT for your vehicle by either:
- The third anniversary of its registration.
- The anniversary of its last MOT, if it’s over 3 years old.
Earliest date you can get an MOT
An MOT lasts for a year. The date it runs out is printed on the last pass certificate.
You can get an MOT up to a month (minus a day) before it runs out and keep the same renewal date. MOT changes occurred on the 20th May 2018, there are 3 new defect categories, *Dangerous *Major & *Minor. If a vehicle is marked with a dangerous defect, it is now illegal to drive on UK roads and SHOULD NOT be driven away from the MOT garage, however we cannot under any circumstances withhold a customers vehicle.
You can get an MOT earlier, but the MOT renewal date for the following year will be different.
Once your details have been registered with PRC MOT we will send you an MOT Reminder a couple of weeks in advance.
If the MOT has run out
You can’t drive your vehicle on the road if the MOT has run out. You can be prosecuted if caught.
The only exceptions are to drive it:
- To or from somewhere to be repaired.
- To a pre-arranged MOT test.
Our fully equipped premises have the latest modern technology & equipment. All our technicians are fully trained on the latest diagnostic equipment including Main Dealer level software for the VAG Group, BMW, Renault, Citroen & Dacia. We now have the facility to complete main dealer level diagnostics on: BMW & MINI • VW • Audi • Skoda • Seat • Peugeot • Citroen • Renault • Dacia.
PRC MOT LTD Servicing is designed for your Vehicle based on: Mileage, Age & previous Servicing History.
An approximate Full Service Cost using Approved Parts £200 (based on a Car with 4.5 Litre Oil Capacity*)
*Additional Oil is Chargeable
We can take care of every part of your Car to keep it in tip-top condition whatever the weather.
1. Seasonal Heath Check
– Free 20 Point Check.
2. Exhaust Systems
– Should your Exhaust System require replacement we can offer Approved Parts or Original Main Dealer Equipment.
3. Particle Filters
– Modern Diesel Engines fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) this component removes harmful pollutants from the exhaust. Our Technicians can test this component should a fault occur.
– Safety is Paramount – Call in for a Free Tyre Health Check. PRC MOT LTD can provide Tyres at a competitive rate from Stapletons & as a BlackCircle Tyre Fitter, you the customer have alternative Tyre options. Wheel Alignment (Tracking) & Full Geometry Available.
– Headlamp Adjustment (to ensure no dazzling of oncoming traffic). Headlamps Polished to ensure light output is crystal clear. All Bulbs working are essential for an MOT, any blown bulbs can be replaced while you wait or during a Service.
6. Oil Change
– Annual Oil Changes is essential to keep your Engine reliable & keep within any Manufacturer’s Warranty. PRC MOT LTD ensure the correct Oil grade is used, especially if your vehicle has a DPF.
– Top-Up ONLY £9.99 – Ensure your Blue HDi Engine is kept in perfect condition with regular ADBLUE® top-ups.
– We are all aware of potholes & road conditions – Ensure your Shock Absorbers & Road Springs are checked regularly & replaced (if required) with either Approved Parts or Main Dealer Original Equipment.
– Not only do Brake Pads & Discs wear out over time, Manufacturers recommend Brake Fluid is replaced every 2 Years.
PRC MOT LTD can replace the Brake Fluid for £29.99. Brake Pads & Discs can be replaced with Approved or Original Equipment Parts.
10. Cambelt/Timing Belt
– Both are the same part. The replacement of this Belt is essential, should the belt fail catastrophic damage can be caused to the engine. It is important to the Cambelt is replaced at correct intervals to prevent major expense.
– Checks can be made to ensure the existing Battery life will withstand British winter weather, when we use the heating, lights, wipers & de-misters.
12. Wiper Blades & Windscreen
– We keep a full range of Wiper blades in stock – Ensure your view of the road is clear; switching on wipers on a frosty morning can split & tear the Wiper blade rubber.
13. Air Conditioning
– We offer re-gas for both new and older vehicles – PRC MOT LTD can Re-Gas your Air Conditioning System & add a Deodouriser to prevent bacteria & harmful pollutants entering the vehicle – Using the Air Conditioning with the heating on misty
mornings, this clears the windscreen in no time & helps dry out any moisture in the vehicle. Price based on vehicle requirements, please enquire.
As a member of the Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service & Repair which is now approved by The Trading Standards Institute, we meet all the criteria in customer service and satisfaction.
Vehicle Repairs PRC MOT cover:
We have the scope for tackling all areas of vehicle repair.
We entertain all aspects of mechanical failures including the key following:
– Engine Management & Dealer Level Diagnostics including DPF regeneration .
– Cambelt kit & Water Pump Replacement.
– Cooling System.
From just bulbs to engine wiring to diagnostics, we cover the majority of electrical issues. Please call for further information.
Auxiliary/ Comfort Electrics.
– Batteries & Charging System.
– Body Add-ons incl. wing mirrors & seat belts.
Clutch & Gearbox
We have the ability to replace all components of the clutch system, as well as replacing gearboxes and related fluids. Including
– Dual Mass Flywheel.
– Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder.
– Gear Linkage/Rods.
– Input Oil Seal.
We fit tyres for all cars & light commercials & all fitments include new valves, balancing & disposal of old casings & puncture repairs. We are also a Blackcircles Premier Tyre Fitter .
Steering, Suspension, Exhaust & Braking
– ABS system (including pumps), Calipers, Brake Pads & Discs.
– Differentials & Axles.
– Shock Absorbers, Road Springs & Top Strut Mounts.
– Suspension Arms & Bushes & Anti Roll Bar Droplinks.
– Steering Rack Pumps & Gaiters, Inner Track Rods & Track Rod Ends.
Air Conditioning & Heating
We also offer Laser Wheel Alignment on all vehicles. Please enquire today.
Great Value Deals!
We regularly change and update our Special Offers and Promotions on a monthly and seasonal basis, covering Car & Van MOTs and Vehicle Maintenance.
MOT Special Offer:
Car MOT – £49.00
Van MOT – £53.00
Motorhome & Minibus MOT – £58.00
To take advantage of these great deals contact us by either calling us on 01420 520522 or via the contact form.
See Special Offer & Promotion Terms & Conditions.